Isle of Dogs: Save The Pups
Article by Aaron Haughton
Here's some positive news for a Monday: Wes Anderson has partnered with Best Friends Animal Society and started a CrowdRise page to raise money to help save some pups! By making a donation of $10 or more, you'll not only be doing some good for our canine friends, but you could also be selected to win a full set of 6 figures from the film!
Every day, more than 4,100 dogs and cats are killed in America’s shelters, simply because they don’t have safe places to call home. Best Friends Animal Society is a leading national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending the killing. They believe that by working collaboratively with shelters, rescue groups, other organizations and you, we will end the killing and Save Them All by 2025.
Every gift, large or small, helps your furry and feathered friends, one and all. Here are some examples of what every dollar can do:
- $25 is enough to fix a dog or cat to prevent unwanted litters
- $50 is enough to fix and vaccinate a dog
- $100 will help get a homeless dog or cat out of a shelter and into a forever home
- $200 can provide bottle feedings and TLC for two orphaned puppies
- $500 is enough to vaccinate more than 80 newborn kittens
- $1,000 provides 40 dogs and cats with wellness veterinary care
Every $10 is a chance to win, so $50 = 5 entries. Here's some more details:
- 6 people will win the full set of 6 figures
- These sets are 6 of only 100 ever made
- They will NOT be sold in any stores
- These figures were designed and hand finished in London by the same puppet makers who created the puppets for the film
- Each set comes with 5 dogs and Atari
- This is your chance to own a piece of Wes Anderson and "Isle of Dogs" history
The chance to be entered in the drawing is open until 4/30/2018. Click Here for the official CrowdRise page.
Do what you can to help save some furry lives, and and be sure to stay in the viddy well loop...because an untied knot is just a string!